The modern woman has two options; to be a goddess or to be insignificant. I bet we all want to fit in the goddess boat right? We are running businesses, raising kids, signing contracts, building empires and shaving our legs. Those fuzzy lady legs just don’t cut it in this cut throat society. See what I did there? No? Okay…
Say what you want but hairy legs are unladylike. Don’t kill the messenger because that is true. We may want to beat men at everything. We may preach about positive body image and accepting ourselves as we are. One thing is for sure though, and that is women were created to be soft and sensual. And Chewbacca legs are not the epitome of sensuality. How do we achieve the smooth legs we so desire? Epilation is arguably among the best hair removal methods.
Why should you choose epilation over other methods?
This method dots on your skin. It is ideal for normal and sensitive skin. Unlike waxing and shaving, epilation does not irritate your skin. The epilator uses metallic or ceramic tweezers to pull your hairs from the roots without damaging your skin. And you are saved from itchy stubbles. What’s more, hair development is hindered for a month and your tan lasts longer.
But what are some of the best epilators for legs and how do you know features to look out for? Well, that is what this article is all about.
The best epilators for legs won’t lack the following:
- Effectiveness. How effective an epilators is depends on the number of tweezers it has. The more the tweezers the faster epilation will take place. This does not mean that an epilator with few tweezers will not get the job done. It will take a bit longer but it gets the job done. Epilators with the least number of tweezers have 20 tweezers with the most having 72 tweezers.
- Wet or dry usage. I love this feature because it does not limit usage. You can use an epilator that has wet or dry usage in and out of the shower. Dry usage epilators are more efficient but the user is susceptible to more pain. Wet usage epilators offer more comfort. Warm water opens up skin pores making epilation easier and reducing pain.
- Caps. These attachments come with the epilators. When purchasing an epilator one should research to know what caps accompany it. These attachments are meant to offer more comfort and make the process easier. There are those that sooth sensitive skin, reduce pain or pivot to increase coverage.
- Extra features. Epilators will pack unique features in their battle to outshine competitors. You might get LED lights, speed settings, hair lifting, or travel cases. These features are dependent on prices.
Comparison Table for The Best Epilator for Legs
braun silk epil 5
SoftLift tips to lift flat hairs.
Gentle cap for beginners.
It comes with four unique heads each serving a different purpose.
72 tweezers for ultra-fast epilation.
32 ceramic tweezers for efficient performance.
Uses the close grip technology to remove tinier hairs.
90 days money back guarantee.
It is super-fast.
Time saver. You can use it as it charges.
Requires several passes for thorough performance.
You may need to go over the same spot.
I had to try this epilator since it is the most popular in the Silk Epil Series 5. The epilator is a lovely white and pink gadget with a sleek body. I have to say Braun doesn’t disappoint when it comes to making pretty gadgets for ladies. Not only does it work on your legs but also your bikini line. Would I recommend it to anyone that is new to epilation? Yes.
- Tweezers. It has 40 tweezers that use the close grip technology to remove even the tiniest hairs leaving skin smooth for up to a month.
- SoftLift Tips. This is a function that helps to lift flat-laying hairs.
- Attachments. This model packs accessories found in pricier epilators. It comes with a shaver head, trimmer head, washable head, and a cooling glove. There’s only one cap. The efficiency cap, which is more than enough and the most important accessory.
- It is an investment. If you are tired of monthly waxing appointments at your beauty parlor, this is a one-time investment.
- For an epilator with 40 tweezers, it is quite pocket friendly.
- The two speed modes help you to customize your experience.
- It uses the close grip technology to remove tinier hairs.
- It is a little noisy.
- It is not cordless but its cord is long enough to allow freedom of movement.
BEST DEAL ONLINE: Braun Silk epil 5 5-280 Epilator
The Panasonic ES ED90 epilator’s packaging is as beautiful as the epilator inside. It opens from the top to reveal an oval shaped epilator made out of plastic. The color is attractive and I believe they added the travelling pouch because of how compact it is. I feel Panasonic needs to fit future models with rubber grips. This one gets slippery in the shower.
- Tweezers. There are 48 tweezers in this model. This might scare anyone into believing that it is quite painful. Well, the developers at Panasonic were thoughtful enough to include a gentle cap for beginners and people with a low threshold for pain. This allows removal of less hair meaning less pain.
- Battery life. You might receive your unit while it is charged. However, it is recommended to fully charge the gadget before putting it to use. Because this is a wet and dry usage model, you should not use it while it is charging. Panasonic claim that the battery can hold out for three years if used once every week.
- Attachments. You get six different attachments as freebies when you buy this unit. This gives you power to shave, trim, and epilate hair. As a plus there’s a head that files the hard skin on your feet.
- Noise level. At 67 decibels, it is one of the quietest epilators in the market.
- Comes with a two year warranty with a 30 day money back guarantee.
- Can be used on dry or wet skin.
- It accords a sense of privacy because it is quiet.
- There’s a beginners’ cap for newbies to shelter them from pain.
- For obvious reasons, you cannot use it while charging.
- It requires several passes for efficient performance.
BEST DEAL ONLINE: Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver
There was no way the Codream 4-in-1 was going to miss in this review for the best epilators for legs. It is a gorgeous white and purple epilator that does more than you paid for. The package contains; a callus remover, an epilator head, a shaver head, a haircut head, two transparent covers, a power adapter, a cleaning brush, and a user manual. Did I mention it also removes hair from other sensitive areas?
- Cordless. The gadget is cordless so you are accorded freedom of movement. It also comes with rechargeable batteries to ensure the device is used at optimal power.
- Attachments. It comes with four unique heads each serving a different purpose. Biggest reason why I was head over heels for this epilator is the callus remover that exfoliates dead, hard skin on feet.
- You have a 90 days money back guarantee in case you are dissatisfied.
- It is safe and easy to use. It has been approved by CE international safety standards.
- The epilator is an all in one grooming tool that saves you time and money.
- The price is pocket friendly.
- You may need to go over the same spot more than once.
BEST DEAL ONLINE: Codream 4-in-1 Rechargeable Epilator
This hot red epilator (imagine a red Ferrari) resembles a man’s electric shaver. It also looks a little bulky and heavy but don’t let looks fool you. The Emjoi Emagine is at the top of its game. It features 72 tweezers and the patented Glide Technology that lifts hair for quick and easy removal. It has Silver Ion Technology that provides antimicrobial protection from bacteria.
- Tweezers. It is the only epilator with 72 tweezers. This means it is fast and efficient. It took me just 15 minutes to epilate both legs.
- Heads. Its dual opposed heads keep the skin taut during the process. This reduces pain and discomfort. It uses staggered heads to maximize efficiency and reduce number of passes required.
- Silver Ion Technology. Reduces the risk of a bacterial infection.
- Usage. The Emagine is a dry usage epilator. Don’t immerse it in water even when cleaning.
- It is the fastest epilator in the market. You can thank those 72 tweezers.
- Has a one year warranty.
- It is less painful than other epilators.
- Very thorough with minimal chances of ingrown hairs.
- Has no LED light. But who needs the light anyway?
BEST DEAL ONLINE: Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator
It was love at first sight with this epilator famed for its ceramic tweezers. The box opens from the top to reveal a sleek white epilator with a few streaks of grey. It is feminine, lovely, and exudes a sense of class and power.
- Tweezers. It has 32 ceramic tweezers that are quite efficient. It may have less tweezers but it is a powerful tool that does a thorough job.
- Wet and dry usage. It is a dry usage only epilator even though it is cordless. It saves time as it can be used while charging unlike most leg epilators.
- Accessories. The massage system is a welcome idea. While it might not make the entire process pain free, it provides comfort. There is an active hair lifter system that helps with tiny or flat hairs. It also features a pivoting head that helps access difficult spots.
- It features a LED light.
- You can customize your experience with the two speed settings.
- You get a two year warranty.
- It is a slow epilator.
- The process can get painful.
BEST DEAL ONLINE: Philips HP6401 Satinelle Epilator
Epilators are a grooming must have for ladies and men that find leg hairs unsightly. They are a one-time investment that helps you save money. While it is difficult to say which of the above rules the epilator world, I do have a favorite. The Emjoi Emagine. It might be a little heavy but it does its work in half the time taken by other epilators. The Silver Ion and Glide Technologies go further to make it an epilator after my heart. I loved using it and would recommend it to others. I hope this simple review helps your epilator journey.