Those lines on your face may not necessarily be caused by the fact that you are aging. Often than not, they are caused by the simple fact that you are not taking good care of your face regularly. Most would prefer to look younger than they are and not the other way around. Aging, and the signs of it, might be inevitable especially around the face but it does not mean you have no ways of fighting or at the very least slow it down.
Wrinkles, dryness, drooping etc - these are all pointing towards skin aging and for some, these lead to expensive treatment and the likes. But does it always have to be so? There are so many ways you can slow down signs of aging nowadays without having to spend too much. How do you achieve younger looking skin without spending more though?
Aging is something you can’t stop but there are ways to hold it off for as long as you can. For those really lucky ones, they can credit it to very good genes. There is only a very small percentage of such people though. For those who need and want to maintain that youthful glow, there are steps you can follow. First, you need to change your lifestyle.
Lifestyle Change for Healthy Looking Skin
Get regular sleep – your body heals while you sleep so a minimum of 8 hours sleep is required. Some think catching 4-5 hours of sleep is enough but to fully heal and bring skin to its top condition again, at least 8-10 hours sleep a day is required.
Learn to relax – stress is a great contributor to early signs of aging. Try to find ways to let your body relax. Get a regular massage; learn to enjoy your time with friends. Some people are always in a hurry, even when spending quality time with loved ones and friends. Change that attitude and adjust your busy schedule. You will be amazed by what a well spent afternoon with good friends can do to you.
Eat well – it is no secret how processed food has never been good for you or your skin. Choose whole foods full of nutrients instead. To glow outside, one must start from the inside. Whole grains, whole wheat pasta are heartily recommended. This keeps your skin in good condition and helps control blood sugar too.
Do regular exercise – too busy should not be an excuse. You need to keep that circulation going at a healthy pace. Spending even just 30 minutes of regular exercise every day is a must. It helps your whole body maintain its good health and in return, your skin will glow and you will end up looking younger.
Meditate - There will be times when no matter how you try to avoid it, stress will try to bring you down so learn to overcome that. Meditation is one way to dispel stress. When you feel it is too much, take a few minutes, do your meditation to release all that negativity. Stress has been one of the main factors in causing people to look tired and older than they should.
Keep a Healthy and Balance Lifestyle
When you don’t know how to balance life, you end up anxious and harassed most of the time. There should be a balance with your work, family and social life. Identify which of these you have stressed the most about and do something about it. Take control and if you feel too swamped with work, learn how to say no. Once balance is achieved, weight will be lifted off your shoulder and years off your face.
Keeping your skin younger may not be as tricky as you think it is. For those that observe certain diet and do preventive measures, they are able to achieve younger looking skin without the need for surgery. Not smoking, eating a healthy balanced diet and taking care not to expose skin too much to sun rays will go a long way in aiding your goal.
Growing old can’t be stopped and with constant sun exposure, one’s skin can go through changes and your skin becomes less elastic and toned. You develop crow’s feet, drooping of the eyelid and sagging of the chin. When any of this happens, not only you will look older beyond your years, you will also always look tired and unattractive.
Useful Tips to Achieving Younger Looking Skin Without Spending Much Money
To put a stop to this, toning your skin through some simple exercises is one of your best bet in achieving younger looking skin without spending much money.
1. Learning facial yoga – knowing how to do these set of exercises is truly beneficial. It tones the muscles and eventually keeps your facial skin look younger. Result includes less wrinkles, a more prominent jaw line and it relaxes tense muscles which eventually turns skin supple. Doing this as a habit can be a better alternative than going under the knife, as it is said facial exercises elevates the production of collagen which is the building blocks of your skin. With frequent practice you’ll be wondering why you have never done it before.
2. Don’t forget to hydrate – yes you are already drinking at least 8-0 glasses of water but your skin can still go dry. Seeing as it is the largest organ of your body, it needs more than water to nourish it. One way to give additional nourishment is to make it a habit to use moisturizers. Skin moisturizers also play a vital role in keeping your skin supple and firm inside and out. It is recommended that the best time to apply your preferred moisturizer is to do it after your shower or bath. Your skin becomes porous and thus can absorb it better.
3. Use sunscreen – this can’t be stressed enough. It doesn’t matter how often you moisturize or intake water if you constantly expose your skin to the sun and don’t use any protection. Use it daily and generously if you are going to be under the sun frequently.
4. Use vitamin enriched product to get that youthful and smooth looking skin many would envy. Vitamin C is one thing that could help you achieve this.
5. Don’t use harsh chemicals or soap. Find a cleanser that is gentle for your skin and matches your skin type. Harsh ingredients can accelerate aging symptoms of your skin.
Fresh, blooming skin does not come easy unless you’re a baby. You need to invest considerable time and effort to make sure you don’t look tired and stressed all the time. Much of what you can do to achieve that glowing skin, you either already know or have it with you handy. All you have to do is find the right motivation to explore how and what to do. Simple things from your kitchen can be used to strip years away from your face.
Those coffee grounds you normally just tossed out? They can actually be use as a scrub. This is an effective body exfoliant because it gets rid of dead skin easily. The leftover beans are also a wonderful way of tightening pores but won’t hurt your skin at the same time. Before applying, you can try adding olive oil to the mixture for better results. It will gently cleanse your skin of stubborn dirt and grime and leave it renewed and refresh.
Use coconut milk as moisturizer. Not only is it filled with lots of nice vitamins and minerals, it can effectively keep skin soft and smooth. Remove milk from grated coconut and apply on your face for around 20 minutes. Wash with warm water.
Do not forget to take care of your beauty tools as well. Brushes used when doing your make up can eventually gather dirt and germs. Using them can result to clogged pores and other skin break out. Make it a habit to clean your brushes once or twice a week. Use warm water and shampoo to clean them up in no time.
Having a massage can be relaxing to your whole body, now imagine having the blissful feeling on your face? Facial massage improves circulation which in turn improves the quality of your skin as well. You can start from the bottom and slowly go up your cheeks and eye area.
Be mindful of what you eat. Having too much sweets can also be detrimental to your skin. Once sugar goes into your blood, it bonds with protein molecules such as collagen. This is known as glycation and when this happens it reduces the elasticity of collagen leading to sagging skin.
Looking young might seem like a lot of work if you consider all of these but once you have made it into a daily habit it would not seem much like a chore eventually. The fountain of youth may never be discovered but as long as you take good care of yourself, you might not even need that to look good at whatever age you are.