How did I get here again? Why do I keep doing this? I questioned myself. This time was supposed to be different. This diet was supposed to solve all my insecurities. Yet I had just gobbled down a whole plate of cheesy pizza and topped it off with a creamy cake.
The saddest bit is the day had begun so well. I had followed my diet religiously up until lunch, only to ruin everything at dinner. No sooner had I taken the last bite of my delicious dessert than all my insecurities came flashing back.
Here I was in my mid-thirties single and about 100 pounds overweight. My ex-husband had left me for a young hot blonde who was no more than a size 4. He made it very clear to me that he could not stand how fat and disgusting I had become after birthing our baby girl. In that instant, I felt every bit as fat and disgusting as he saw me.
I hated how I felt. I despised my body. I could no longer stand to look at myself in the mirror. It was heart wrenching and depressing.
Trust me, I had really tried to shed off the extra pounds. I had invested in over 25 weight loss programs but they all ended up being too complicated, or too full of crap to follow.
I had even invested in workout programs despite the fact that I’m a single mum with a nine to five job. Not only did I not have the time to follow through, but also lacked the energy to do those vigorous exercises.
So there I was seated on my bed with my laptop at hand ready to cancel this fad diet that left me with cravings. I vowed not to spend money I didn't have on programs that left me worse than they found me.
How I discovered Eat Stop Eat
Just as I had finished cancelling the program, my cursor hovered on an ad. Apparently, this weight loss program was supposed to be revolutionary, blah, blah blah. It was the usual spiel I had become accustomed to. I figured the best I can do is click on the ad and leave a negative review detailing how all these diets claiming to give exemplary results are nothing but a pile of garbage.
To my surprise, there were a lot of rave reviews from seemingly normal folks who were in the same boat as me. I even knew one of the ladies, who’d left a positive comment. I was stunned to see her “after” photos. She was always the “fat girl” in high school and now she was looking like a Victoria secret model.
Long story short, I decided to give Eat Stop Eat a try despite my better judgement. Here’s my honest unadulterated Eat Stop Eat Review.
Whats eat stop eat program about?
The program works on the premise of intermittent fasting. This was a fairly new concept to me at the time. So I did my due diligence and read up on it. It's pretty much “taking a break from eating” for hours or days at a time.
In this particular program, you are required to fast for a specific amount twice or thrice a week. The fasting timeline maybe anywhere between 8-24 hours. The best part is that you can ingest anything you want when you break your fast. Just ensure that your total calorie intake is within reason.
Sounds a bit scary right? Don’t fret, you never go a single day without food nor will you be fasting on consecutive days.
How Eat Stop Eat works to boost your cell metabolism
The program reduces cell metabolism through two main ways: insulin sensitivity and fat oxidation. The eat stop process ensures that the level of insulin sensitivity is lowered giving more room for burning of fat at a faster pace.
Eat stop eat also boosts fat oxidation which in turn help you burn around 8,840 calories per year. By that estimation, you will only be required to Eat Stop Eat twice in one week just for a period of one year.
That's not to say that you’ll have to wait a year for tangible results. If you live the Eat stop Eat lifestyle for two months, be assured of storing more calories in lean tissues as opposed to fat pockets.
Author of the program
All credit goes to Brad Pilon for coming up with this effective weight loss program. Not only has he debunked long-standing myths about weight loss he has also shown us the right way to do it. Brad borrowed knowledge from ancient Greece philosophers and spoke out his message loud that the only permanent and sustainable solution to weight control is to eat less.
Whats in the program?
The beauty of this program is that it is so easy to read and follow. The content is arranged on a perfect chronological order. The content listing includes:
- The origin of the program
- The fasting state and the exit of fasting state
- The relationship between fasting and cell metabolism, exercise, muscle mass and hunger
- The health benefits associated with fasting
- The Eat Stop Eat way of life are also listed
Check Out Eat Stop Eat Official Website
Are There Any Exercises Involved?
If you want to lose weight only, that’s fine, you don’t have to do any exercises when using this program. However, if you also want to build your muscles, you will need to engage in a few simple workouts. These shall be done during non-fasting days. These exercises are specifically for muscle building and not any other purpose.
Are there any dietary restrictions?
When you are fasting, it is vital that you take in as little calories as possible. You can take simple drinks such as tea, coffee or water. When you are not fasting, feel free to eat whatever it is you like. There are no foods that are restricted.
Eat a lot of carbohydrates to help you regain your energy but do not overdo it. The author also recommends that you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
And of course, not forgetting on proteins, consume an average of 100 grams during the days when you are not fasting.
It is also crucial that you monitor yourself during this program. Should you notice you add weight during no-fasting days, cut on the calorie consumption by at least 10%.
Is the program for you?
To be honest, the program is not for any Tom, Dick and Harry. Even the author Brad admits that you’ll need to muster up a lot of willpower to adhere to the program requirements. Eat Stop Eat demand 100% commitment for it to work.
They say an idle mind is the devil's workshop. This couldn’t be any more true when it comes to this program. The busier you are the less likely you are tempted to consume a lot of food at that time.
Scientifically, there is a higher probability that you will be thinking about food at most times when you are idle. This then makes it a perfect diet for those of who are always busy.
Read More On Other Users Reviews...
Advantages of the program
- The program is available on an online platform thus you can get instant access of the files via your email. On the online platform, the program is explained in an easy to understand language. That is such a huge win compared to other programs which care less on the readability of their content.
- The program is affordable. You will get access to additional bonuses like the Eat stop Eat quick start guide to kick you off. What’s more, the book is often discounted at certain times. For example, for the month of June, the guide trended at almost 75% off. The price will change due to forces of demand and supply.
- With the 60 days guaranteed period, you will rest assured that you won't waste your money. You will have a window to determine if it's indeed true that the program will help you get t your desired weight goal.
- You get that opportunity to interact with Brad and ask pressing questions on his social sites. He is very active on twitter and he is ever willing to answer some questions about his program or clarify issues.
Disadvantages of the program
- The e-book was marred with occasional typos and grammar errors which were honestly a put off for me. If only they invested in a good proofreader.
- Intermittent fasting is all about eating windows and fasting windows. It’s not a diet plan. So, you’ll not find a structured diet plan to follow. This might make some people feel disappointed.
The Eat Stop Eat program is not a scam. Studies and user reviews have also shown that it really works well for those who are committed to it. It is, however, a very difficult program to follow since you will need to have a lot of self-control.
Leave a Reply