Do you desire round and big booty but wondering if it’s possible at all? You might be wondering how celebrities like Kim Kardashian achieved a lovely round booty yet they didn’t have them sometimes back. You may also think that maybe it’s only meant for specific people with certain types of body.
Even though genetic factors may play a role in contributing to the size and shape of bums, that doesn’t mean that you will never achieve it. Did you know that you could do simple exercises to make your buttocks bigger and rounder?
Aside from exercise, you also need to incorporate a specific diet to it to achieve the best results. The goodness about this is that the workouts are so simple to help you build your glutes muscles. The glutes muscles are the ones that stimulate the growth of your butt.
Butt lifting exercises are also one of the cheapest workouts you could try. You can do them from anywhere even from home. This is a natural way of increasing your butt without worrying about expensive surgeries that might leave you with harmful side effects.
Exercises to make your bum bigger and rounder
Here are workouts on how to make your bum look bigger instantly. However, you should note that it is not going to happen quickly. You should be consistent and patient.
Increase the size of your booty with lunges workouts. Aside from making your backside bigger and rounder, this workout makes your hips more flexible, builds your muscles, improves body balance and spinal health. You don’t need special equipment to perform it. Below is how you can do it.
The forward lunge
- Stand up straight ensuring that the feet hip-width s apart and flat.
- Let your shoulder blades sink towards your hips and loosen your abdominal muscles to stabilize your spine.
- Put your arms at a position that allows you to be balanced.
- Straighten your back throughout the workout by keeping your head upright.
- Step forward using your right leg as you place your foot on the ground starting with your heel.
- Lean forward, making sure that 70% of your weight falls on your front foot. Your upper body and back should be straight. Stay in this position for a while.
- Go down until your right knee reaches an angle of 90-degrees.
- Keep moving forward while your back and the upper body remains straight.
- Do this until your thigh becomes parallel. To stay at this position, bend your hips a bit and leave your back straight.
- Ensure your right knee doesn’t pass your toes but place it directly above the right ankle. While in a lunge position, place your left knee backward, forming a 90-degree angle as your lower leg is parallel to the ground, and the upper limb is perpendicular to the ground.
- In this position, you will only be able to have your toes on the ground.
- Lift your left heel away from the ground and lean forward. Using your right foot, move upwards, go back to the position you started with as you stand upright putting the width of your feet hip apart.
- After completing this process using your right leg, repeat it using your left leg with the same number of lunges.
- Stand up straight as your feet remain flat on the ground. Ensure that the width of your feet hip is apart while your shoulders are square. Doing this keeps your back straight.
- Keep your back stable with your abdominal muscles. You can place your hands and arms in any position to maintain your balance. You can either hold out your hands to the side or on your hips.
- Move your left leg back as you lower your body till your left foot touches the ground starting with your toes.
- Place your legs at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Once your left foot touches the ground, keep shifting your body backward for your legs to create an angle of 90 degrees on your knees.
- Make sure that your right lower leg is vertical to the floor while your upper right leg (thigh) is also vertical to the floor.
- Leave your left foot in a position that only the toes touch the ground.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Place back your feet towards each other flat on the ground with your hip-width apart.
- Repeat the reverse lunge using either your left or right side.
2. Hip thrusters
Here is another interesting exercise for you if your target is increasing the glutes muscles. Aside from helping you look better, this exercise improves your physical strength. Below is how you can do hip thrusters.
- Bend over alongside a bench with a knee-height and rest your shoulders on its edge.
- Ensure that your torso is at an angle of 45 degrees and your feet placed in a shoulder or hip width squat position.
- Point your toes slightly outwards or ahead as long as you are comfortable.
- Place your spine in a neutral position expanded in both directions.
- Distribute your body weight evenly between your shoulders and feet as you avoid placing any pressure on your neck.
- Breathe out forcefully as you press your feet with flat feet.
- Contract your central musculature as you lengthen your hips upwards.
- Squeeze your butt muscles as you push through your feet to reach full hip extension.
- Place your thighs and torso parallel to the ground while your knees are at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Relax for a few minutes then lower your hip gently until your bum is balanced above the ground or touches the floor slightly.
- Relax then repeat this procedure.
Squats are of the common exercises that will make your bum bigger.
Here is how you can do it.
- Stand up as you place your shoulder width away from each other.
- Breath in as you bend towards your hips and knees.
- Lower your butt headed downwards.
- Transfer your body weight towards your heels as you keep your chest open and your torso upright.
- Keep going down until your thighs become parallel to the floor.
- Breath out as you push through your heels to stand up.
- Hold dumbbells on one of your hands at shoulder height to do back squats
4. Quadruped Hip Extension
Here is yet another simple exercise of increasing your butt muscles through opening up your hips. The target here is to increase the angle between your pelvis front and your thighs to extend the movement of your hips. It’s simple so long as you keep your hips flexible though it may be a bit stiff at first.
- Start by getting on all fours to be like in a table position.
- Raise your right leg back as you bend your knees to be 90 degrees as the sole of your foot points above. This should be slow and arching motion, then bring your leg back slowly to the starting position.
- Do the same with the other leg.
Most people concentrate on squats to build their buttocks and overlook the step-up. While squats are essential, step-up is a simple workout that you should try as well. Step-ups are not only useful for your glutes but also the core, calves, and hamstrings.
How can you perform step-ups?
- Stand straight as you hold dumbbells on both hands at the length of your arms.
- Put your left foot on top of a bench to position your knee, ankle, and hip at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Using your left leg, push up your body as your shoulder stays back, and your chest remains upwards. Maintain your right foot at an elevated position.
- Pause a bit and slowly lower your body to the position you started with.
- Do this to both legs. You can make this easier by getting rid of the dumbbells and do the workout with your body weight only.
Other ways of getting bigger butt
Aside from the above exercises, there is the Yoga Burn Booty Challenge. This is an effective program that has three steps.
You only need your weight as the principal agent of resistance to achieve a rounder butt. It is suited for women of age 18-65 whether they are beginners or fitness or not.
What mistakes should you avoid while doing these workouts?
Sometimes you may be doing the right workouts to increase your glutes but in the wrong way. Here are three common mistakes you might want to avoid.
1. Failing to use enough resistance
No matter how long you spend doing these workouts, if you don’t use enough strength, you may not be able to add your muscles. You should use enough resistance in so that you can turn.
2. Attempting to have glutes while doing cardio
If you are trying to build your glutes and doing cardio at the same time, it’s a waste of time. It is like using one stone to kill an insect which yields zero results. It is because cardio exercises need less intensity, which may not help you have glutes at all.
3. Using excess resistance
You need enough strength to build your glutes but not excess. Some women overdo it. Using too much resistance exposes your muscles to too much tension for less time. Choose a weight that keeps you in control.
It is easy to attain a rounder butt with the most beautiful shape ever. However, consistency is the key to success. Workouts aren’t things that you should do for two days and quit. You need to do it often even if it means sparing a few minutes.
Remember, diet is another thing to include in these workouts. You should eat foods rich in protein and healthy fats, because they are foods that can make your bum bigger.
These are simple workouts that you can do from anywhere. If you want more than just workouts, you can try the Yoga Burn Booty Challenge, which will help you achieve this as well.